voice over ip fdx question

Post by Sargo » Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:35:46

Where can I get full a full duplex driver for my sound card?  Is this an
option that can be rolled into the kernel at compile time.  Or is there
a tab on the panel somewhere that allows me to just switch to fdx?  I
need to get full duplex up and running so I can do voice over ip with
gnomemeeting.  I'm running rh9 on an i386. The sound card is a VIA
VT8233 AC97.

voice over ip fdx question

Post by Chris Willin » Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:33:38

> Where can I get full a full duplex driver for my sound card?  Is this an
> option that can be rolled into the kernel at compile time.  Or is there
> a tab on the panel somewhere that allows me to just switch to fdx?  I
> need to get full duplex up and running so I can do voice over ip with
> gnomemeeting.  I'm running rh9 on an i386. The sound card is a VIA
> VT8233 AC97.

Download & install ALSA 0.9 driver using --with-card=via82xx option to
the configure script. You'll probably find corresponding lib, utilities
and oss compatibility downloads useful too, from www.alsa-project.org

1. Microsoft game voice, voice over IP?

I have this nifty piece of gear that is really handy for gaming,
but it only works under windows.  Is anybody here familiar
with this device or with voice over IP?  I realize that 100%
functionality may be too much especiallyconsidering
Microsoft doesnt want to acknowledge that there is lifebeyond
Windows.  I would really like to abandon Windoze.  I've been
flirting with Linux, BEOS, and FreeBSD for the past year and a half and
it's getting to the point where I dread booting Windoze.  I am a huge
gamer and unfortunately Linux doesn't support all of my favorite games.

2. open /dev/ttyS0

3. Voice Modem Voice Mail Suggestion

4. how to stop logging a particular message

5. Any voice mail apps for Sportster 28.8 Voice Mail modem?

6. AHA2940 and Quatum Empire 1GB problem

7. mgetty+voice on a USR Sportster 33.6 Voice Internal?

8. nanosleep granularity

9. Looking for voice modem that can dial while already connected (in voice mode)

10. voicechat 0.40 beta - voice chat via TCP/IP

11. Voice over IP Device Problem

12. PC to PC voice and IP masquerading

13. IP voice comm. prog.