How can I made a Linux File-Server (Like Novell NW) with TCP/IP ?

How can I made a Linux File-Server (Like Novell NW) with TCP/IP ?

Post by Alf Hageman » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hello All !
How can I made a TCP/IP File-Server under Linux like my old one NW 4.1
Server ?
Is there any Documentation available, which can help me ?

Thanks,

        Alf

How can I made a Linux File-Server (Like Novell NW) with TCP/IP ?

Post by Lars L. Mads » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

On 8 Jul 1997 03:48:48 GMT, "Alf Hagemann"

>Hello All !
>How can I made a TCP/IP File-Server under Linux like my old one NW 4.1
>Server ?
>Is there any Documentation available, which can help me ?

You will find all you need at
http://lake.canberra.edu.au/pub/samba/

\Lars{}

1. QUEST: Access via TCP/IP (UNIX) to Novell Server (Telnet, ftp, or NFS mount?)

In Search of:

Names and vendors for software that will enable telnet or ftp to a
Novell server (3.11 or 3.12) and gain sercured access to volumes.  I was told
that Novell Lan Workplace might be one possibility but I'm an seeking other
input as well.

Another possible solution would be to NFS mount a Novell volume.
Information about that would be helpful.  In fact that might be a better
option than the telnet/ftp consideration.

Also would like to hear the security issues involved with Telneting,ftp and
NFS over the internet, thru a firewall, to a Sparc account, then to a Novell
server.

We are already using PCAnywhere but it's single user at a time, difficulties
with some PCMCIA modem cards and log distance carries, maintenance, and other
considerations are forcing us to look elsewhere.

Mike Biggerstaff

------------------
Disclaimer:  I don't speak for KBSI and only half the time for me.

2. ANNOUNCE: tkWorld 1.0 Beta Release 3

3. Programming a file server for linux using TCP/IP - Need help urgently

4. Full Duplex/Half Duplex

5. TCP/IP over Novell IPX in Linux

6. True Type fonts?

7. Linux as TCP/IP gateway on Novell Network?

8. Newbie:Issues with the new ibook2 14"

9. combining Linux-TCP/IP with PC-Novell-IPX/SPX

10. Linux * Novell with TCP-IP

11. HELP: Can Linux access a Novell Net running TCP/IP?

12. Linux * Novell with TCP-IP

13. HELP IPX over IP for wan access to NW 3.12 server