trumpet winsock crynwr plip & linux plip

trumpet winsock crynwr plip & linux plip

Post by Rick L » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I have gotten linux plip / linux plip to work
now I am trying to get trumpet winsock & crynwr plip
/ linux plip to work.

the problem is when I execute crynwr plip
it comes back with
0000

until I hit any key, then it tells me
what the install has setup.

is this an error message ?

anyone run into this before ???
--
The wealth of reality, cannot be seen from your locality.

1. Linux PLIP and Crynwr PLIP?

I can connect two PC's running Linux Version 1.2.9 using Linux's
PLIP. I can't however connect a Linux box with a DOS box running
the Crynwr packetdriver plip.com version 11.0, though the comments
in Linux's plip.c claim that it should work.

What I noticed is that the wiring diagrams for Crynwr's plip.com
and for Linux's plip differ: the Linux documentation explicitly
states not to use pins 1, 14 and 16, whereas the Crynwr documentation
requires to connect 1 - 1, 14 - 14 and 16 -16.

Any hint is highly appreciated.

   Dipl.-Ing. G. Strolka              phone: 49 234 336857

   44789 Bochum
   Germany

2. DEFUNCT PROCESSES

3. linux plip to msdos crynwr plip. HOWTO?

4. Smail 3.1.29.1 & Solaris 2.4

5. PLIP problems Linux<->Trumpet Winsock

6. Telnet and rlogin problems

7. PLIP.COM+Trumpet Winsock 2.0 Rev.B => route problem?

8. Help: traversing subdirectories with a coomand-line parameter in csh/tcsh

9. PLIP PLIP PLIP

10. PLIP PLIP PLIP . . .

11. plip on linux & plip on dos

12. Is Linux PLIP compatible with Crynwr?

13. Anyone have Crynwr PLIP.COM working???!?