Uninstalling software

Post by Lebowsk » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:38:12

Guys,

I have a fresh Slack 8.1 installed on a Compaq Proliant 1600.
Everything went fine and I was able to access the net having the NIC
on DHCP.
The goal of this installation is to have snort/mysql runnig on it.
So I downloaded and compiled the libpcap needed by snort.
Rebooted the machine and noticed that there is no more ip received
from DHCP server .I know that I have to put this card in promiscuos
mode but right now I can't access the net in search for fixes for this
machine.

lsmod show the tlan module loaded .
the second card is a 3C905 with a static ip on it. Also displayed on
lsmod.

Any help is apreciated

Dude

Uninstalling software

Post by Armin Krawinke » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:50:24

> Guys,

> I have a fresh Slack 8.1 installed on a Compaq Proliant 1600.
> Everything went fine and I was able to access the net having the NIC
> on DHCP.
> The goal of this installation is to have snort/mysql runnig on it.
> So I downloaded and compiled the libpcap needed by snort.
> Rebooted the machine and noticed that there is no more ip received
> from DHCP server .I know that I have to put this card in promiscuos
> mode but right now I can't access the net in search for fixes for
> this machine.

well just manually assign an ip address to the box until u have fixed
your dhcp problem.

--

Beer....Helping uglY people have sex since 1862!

1. How to uninstall software?

Hi! There:
  I have installed Java SDK into my RH7, but right now, I want to uninstall
it. Does anyone know how to do it? I was not using RPM file manager, just
reguler binary file like this "j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux.bin." Thanks!!

2. 500 Server error

3. how to uninstall software?

4. iptables config for router

5. How to uninstall software?

6. Trouble using escp2 (Stylus 800) with ghostscript

7. Uninstalling software in Linux

8. Unattended ufsdump strategy?

9. Uninstalling software

10. How to uninstall software?