Networking trouble... again...

Post by Arnoud de Jon » Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Here we go again...

First my linux box had Ip address 192.168.0.25. Suddenly I couldn't
set a route for this network address (192.168.0.0 netmask
255.255.255.0), as described in an earlier message from me. Route gave
a "netmask doesn't match route address" message.

I solved this problem by changing my address to 192.168.1.25 with
netmask 255.255.255.0). This worked okay until this morning. I used it
for some time and all of a sudden it quit working. My route to this
network was gone. And I couldn't get it back up. The same message as
before. Ifconfig still shows my eth0 device with the right address.

The strange thing is that when I set it back to 192.168.0.25 it works
fine again. This is realy strange I'm getting a bit desperate...

My Machine has redhat 4.0 with a 2.0.27 kernel.

     Quack!
 _oo  /
/) -)   Greetings,
"-""         Arnoud.

                        ---*** Legal Notice ***---
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any
form, in whole or in part.  License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for $499.
Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.

1. Building Glibc 2.1.2 again, again and again

I finally built my glibc without errors.
And did a "make check" too. BUT where is the result from "make check" ?
It didn't report any errors as far as i could see.
Is there a log of  the outcome somewhere. I've been searching both rthe
source and build-drectories for some summarizing sort of log.
How can i tell if it's ok to do a "make install".

Any hints ?

2. SECURITY HOLE!!! (with nosuid, found on ext fs, 0.97 kernel)

3. Splitting c.o.l Again, and Again, and AGAIN!!!

4. Support for S3 Trio3D with AGP? Please..

5. Again, again, and again

6. Mandrake on Powercomputer PowerCenter Pro 180

7. LinuxMall spams again and again and again...

8. incredibly high resource usage?

9. Network blocks randomly (no traffic) network restart makes it work again

10. Troubles with ATAPI CDROM driver and weird network troubles <tulip card>

11. kppp again (sorry!) - slight trouble

12. DNS trouble again

13. Newbie in trouble again