urgent!! connection problems

Post by Abdel Mabrou » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 17:48:31

Hello,
when I try to rlogin to a Linux server from another server, I receive the
following error message:

Quote:>rcmd: server.domain.com: Connection reset by peer

so the connection is closed.

Any help !! I would very much appreciate it.

Cheers

Abdel

urgent!! connection problems

Post by Tauno Voipi » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:58:59

Quote:> Hello,
> when I try to rlogin to a Linux server from another server, I receive the
> following error message:
> >rcmd: server.domain.com: Connection reset by peer

> so the connection is closed.

> Any help !! I would very much appreciate it.

Are you trying to log in as 'root'?

Remote root logins are (and also should) be prohibited due to possible
security problems.

The error message tells that the remote server is not willing to connect
with your computer. You should also check the /etc/hosts.deny and
/etc/hosts.allow files at the target server.

Tauno Voipio

1. ftp problem/urgent/urgent/urgent

i am having problem witha user not being able to ftp in to the server
with in the lan. all other users can. I checked the follwing files
 484 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpaccess
 456 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpconversion
  39 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpgroups
 104 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftphosts
  79 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpusers
they don't have much in them.

the error message logged is Aug  4 15:13:10 linus ftpd[7144]: failed
login from linus [192.168.254.26]

any clues

please help

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Manual HD Spindown?

3. Problems with no connections for some IP-adresses == URGENT ==

4. X, AGP Viper330, Deawoo 17" Monitor. HELP!!!

5. Urgent!! HiSpeed Serial Connection Problem

6. RedHat 8.0 after a month of testing.

7. ftp/urgent/urgent/urgent

8. special device files

9. URGENT URGENT URGENT

10. urgent: maximum simultaneous connections

11. Urgent info needed on unwanted firewall connection!

12. Apache-Stoped receiving clients connections. -Urgent!

13. Urgent help on how to do a dial-up connection to my Internet Service Provider