new users and skel

Post by William B. Herma » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

When I add a new user, the skel directory which later becomes the users
directory doesn't transfer the permissions properly.  I want owner rwx
group x and other x which the skel dir has, but the users home directory
only has owner rwx group none and other none.  What am I doing wrong...
the files in the directory tranfer correctly.

-Bill Herman

new users and skel

Post by Raymond Doetje » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Normaly the home dir isn't created, this is done by a script. You should
edit the script and change the chmod line.
I must say that I think the cuurect access is good, it's someone else's
honedir so nobody should be able to walk in and start stuff.

Raymond

> When I add a new user, the skel directory which later becomes the users
> directory doesn't transfer the permissions properly.  I want owner rwx
> group x and other x which the skel dir has, but the users home directory
> only has owner rwx group none and other none.  What am I doing wrong...
> the files in the directory tranfer correctly.

> -Bill Herman

             General Exception Failure on address 0x00C098F
                   This Error Is not Yet Implemented
If this error repeats it's self then you need to re-install your Windows

1. /etc/skel not in new slackware...

Does the adduser program in the newer (3.3) Slackware no longer copy files
from /etc/skel to the new user's home directory?  That was useful...

----------------------------------------------- --------------------------

Johnston College, University of Redlands       |  http://paradigm.uor.edu

----------------------------------------------- --------------------------

2. Redirecting program out serial lines without them stopping...?

3. adding users etc/skel is empty!

4. Sun ethernet in promiscuous mode? Really?

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Strange PPP behavior

7. NEW Linux User = New Linux Shareware Web Site

8. A "dbx lite" program for "zapping" a running process?

9. HELP NEW USER NEW TO UNIX EVEN

10. Bug persists in /etc/skel/.kermrc

11. New User, New Install, Ridiculously Slow

12. New linux user needs help with new kernel

13. /etc/skel 2.5.1 Question