1. keypad(win, TRUE) means keypad not TRUE?
: I've got some annoying bug with my application. ALL windows I open have a
: keypad(win, TRUE) command to allow cursor keys. Sometimes, if I type the up
: cursor arrow while the screen is refreshed, I get [ESC]A in the window buffer
: as TWO separate characters instead of one integer (KEY_UP). As [ESC] is define
Curses has a little timing trouble in the ESC sequence detection area.
One is that it does a sleep(1) to see if the next character coming in is
part of the sequence... sleep(1) might be as little as 1/100 of a second.
The other is that it doesn't properly block if you have another flag set,
the name of which escapes me at the moment, I think nodelay(...,TRUE).
This is usually only a problem across some type of buffered interface, like
TCP, or a compressing modem, possibly a smart serial card with buffers.
SCO had a patch, which really only consisted of lengthening the sleep to 8
seconds, but then your legitimate ESC would take 8 seconds to have an
Unisys had a replacement libcurses, and I think that SVR4.2 should have the
problem resolved by some different method.
- Pope Valley & Napa CA.
2. XFree86 DGA extension problems
3. How to config Linux to give Win 9X clients the Wins IP addr
4. Newbie trying to setup PPPD to connect to local ISP
5. (win95 and Linux) + win NT = true????
7. Strange: Telnet client won't quit in a client-server application
9. Can DNS be available from WIN client but not Linus client??
10. Windows WINS client does not pick up Samba WINS Server information.
11. Running LPR printer (old Genicom text shuttle printer) from Win 2K client through Win NT server
13. Is that true that RPM for on distrubution won't work for others?