How many virtual servers per machine?

Post by Adam Lon » Mon, 21 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

I am running virtuald and virtual services on my linux servers.
Each of my machines are running Red Hat linux 5.2 and they are
all Dual Pentium II 266MHZ systems with 128M Ram.

My qeustion is how many virtual servers would you recommend I should run on
each machine at a max.

Thank you for your help.

Post by Jonathan Guthri » Tue, 22 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> My qeustion is how many virtual servers would you recommend I should run on
> each machine at a max.

Till the machines bog down.  I've got about 3 dozen on my Cyrix 5x86-120
here.
--

Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/
12703 Veterans Memorial #106, Houston, TX  77014, USA

1. Max virtual domains per machine?

We are trying to figure out what alternate platforms are available
for doing virtual domains off of our web server.

Curently we use a Motorola Powerstack running AIX 4.1.x. We currently
have over 500 aliases on the ether interface and over 300 virtual
domains served by appache.

In looking at Sun (Solaris 2.x) and SGI machines, the _file limit is
255 out of the box. AIX has a limit of 32k. Slight difference :)

Who else is doing large virtual domains off of a single box? What
are you using and what problems have you found?

Thanks.

Alexei

2. Can I use an HP DeskWriter made for the MAC?

3. NS Enterprise: how many hardware virtual servers / IPs per process?

4. Ytalk Error

5. Per-Directory and Per-Server info.

6. Linux Networked Printing

7. Virtual Machines vs. Virtual Hosts - Is it possible?

8. DVD Audio? Bah!

9. How many virtual servers can one machine take?

10. DNS Name Server, Virtual Domains, on the same Physical machine.

11. How to setup a "virtual Server" (i.e. serveral IPs etc. for one machine) ?

12. Virtual Server - Script to install/remove virtual names

13. Netscape Enterprise and memory per virtual host.