Problem configuring wireless Network in Mandrake 10.0

Problem configuring wireless Network in Mandrake 10.0

Post by DaKin » Mon, 26 Jul 2004 02:18:34

Hello,

I have a problem with setting up my wireless Lan on Mandrake Linux 10.0. It
worked fine under 9.1.
Does anyone has a good link to a clear howto, or knows what to do ?
My config:
Wireless router (Topcom), with wireless PCMCIA Card also Topcom.

Thanx for the help.

Post by Bill Cattel » Mon, 18 Oct 2004 05:03:02

> Hello,

> I have a problem with setting up my wireless Lan on Mandrake Linux 10.0. It
> worked fine under 9.1.
> Does anyone has a good link to a clear howto, or knows what to do ?
> My config:
> Wireless router (Topcom), with wireless PCMCIA Card also Topcom.

> Thanx for the help.

I finally got this working on Mandrake 10.1.  It had been working
fine on Mandrake 9.1/9.2.  Using Mandrake's config utility I created a
wireless profile. I selected my driver (Orinicoc card), DHCP and DNS
servers.

On the Wireless NIC config - I plugged in the ESSID and because I use
128-bit WEP - the encryption key.  This was the part that got me - I saw
that iwconfig will let you put in an ascii value if used with the enc s:
switch.  I was trying to put in the ASCII WEP key.  I made a guess and
finally tried putting the key into the Mandrake config as a hex value and
it took it and started working.

You need to verify that the NIC drivers are loading - check this via lsmod.
Very pcmcia services are started but doing a /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart.
When I do that on my laptop I see it's monitoring two sockets.

1. Trouble to connect to Wireless Router on Mandrake 10.0

Hi
I have two wireless routers, one with WEP Key enable and another router with
WEP Key disable.
I can connect with my laptop to the router without WEP Key but i cannot
connect to my other router with WEP Key ON.
i have try using the iwconfig, iwevent command but i can't find what is the
problem.
Any ideas, or any www where i can get informations?
Thank You

Cumprimentos
Lisboa.Portugal

2. ********** TELEJOB **********

3. Wireless USB netcard under Mandrake 10

4. Routing Problem with Solaris 2.4

5. Belkin F5D6020 802.11b revision 3 PCMCIA wireless on Mandrake 10?

6. linux cluster

7. Wireless card on Toshiba with Linux (Mandrake 10)

8. Adding a Modem

9. Problems configuring Network connection Mandrake-8.0

10. Mandrake 10.0, cd-rw and usb-storage module problems

11. Problems With Accton EN 2242 Serice MiniPCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Mandrake 10.0 Community Beta

12. install problems - Mandrake 10.0 on ASUS p4p8x mobo

13. Problems With Accton EN 2242 Serice MiniPCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Mandrake 10.0 Community Beta