Printing to Windows Printer (printcap??)

Post by Wade Well » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:16:17

--
System Config: [this is a stamped input may be more info than needed]
HP NETSERVER 2000LC ; Dual 1Ghz P3

I went off of a reference that also had me inputting into a .configure file
in the spool directory.  Nothing works so something I am doing is off, also
the .configure file did not exist until I put it there, (even viewing hidden
files).

Samba is up and working if that is valid, and the Printer is an HP inkjet.
(primarily photosmart 1115, also there is a deskjet 895cxi on the same
windows machine)  Although I don't think all that matters.

If you have gone through this and can help me out or give me the necessary
input for printcap and any other files, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Wade

1. Please help find a program to print on remote printer (not using /etc/printcap)

Hello,
 Could you please help me to find a program that would just connect to the
remote machine's printer daemon and send a printer job to it (just print a
file). The reason I am asking is that only several people out of few
thousand are going to use that remote printer and the sys.adm is not
willing to add an entry to /etc/printcap.

--
   Nick
----------[  2*2=2*(1+1)=2*1+2*1=2+2=2+(1+1)=(2+1)+1=3+1=4  ]-----------

2. how to disable laptop's mouse "tap" capability

3. help with printcap (printing on network printer)

4. Help with missing file

5. Using samba and windows drivers to print to windows printer

6. as86 error during compile of kernel

7. Printing to two printers from one queue (Printers print identically not load balancing)

8. atrun problem

9. Help: /etc/printcap for EPSON LP-9000 printer ( postscript printer)

10. How to print w printer connected to windows box.

11. How do I print from Solaris 2.4 to a printer attached to Windows 95

12. O'Reilly Book: confused re: "Printing to Windows Client Printers"

13. Network printing from SCO Unix to a Windows 95 Printer