Minor problem (3c905 again)

Post by Graham Asht » Fri, 26 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I'm having a problem compiling the 3c59x.c module - downloaded from:

  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/3c59x.c

Whenever I try and compile it it says:

  3c59x.c:500: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory

The 3c59x.c file is installed in /usr/src/linux/drivers/net, and I'm
trying to compile it from there, using the command at the end of the
source code.

I've read about the "linux/version.h no such file or directory"
instructions on the Vortex web page, and have run the necessary make
command, but to no avail.

This is bizarre, as I compiled it once before on another machine, with
the same OS, and had no problems whatsoever (sadly that machine is no
longer available, or I'd go and inspect it).

I'm running Slackware 3.1, kernel 2.0.30, and I'm not running kerneld
(if it makes any difference).

Has anyone got any ideas? TIA.

Graham.

--
Reverse .ku to .uk in address if replying (I hate spam).

1. Again minor KDE probs

Hi together,

At last I succeeded in creating device icons on my KDE desktop. It
seemed to be a matter of the order in which I filled out the property
fields. When I first filled out the name field, the icon immediatley
changed to the tooth wheel and pressing the icon resulted in "Could not
find bind: Mount" When I first filled out the other properties like
device and permissions, closed the dialog reopened it and changed the
name it worked. So far so good.

The next two problems I stumpled over are the following:
KDE seems to capture the Alt + left Mouse key for moving windows. This
is annoying since Gimp uses the same for moving selections. With fvwm2
it works so it's no general X problem.
I assigned a wav file to KDE startup. This works well. So well, that it
blows me off my desk because it is played at maximum volume. I set it
low with the mixer but this isn't stored for the next startup. Besides I
found out that in the console I get
maudio: Can't open file
about a dozen times. So this may be the source of the problem. But what
file is it? maudio has no manpage on my system.

Any hints?

Thanks, Stefan

P.S. I'm using SuSE 5.2 and KDE Beta 4 in case it's relevant.

2. swap drive strategies

3. 3com 3c905 tx vs 3c905-CX-TX

4. Securing network services?

5. Building Glibc 2.1.2 again, again and again

6. sendmail sasl

7. Splitting c.o.l Again, and Again, and AGAIN!!!

8. getting around Ken Thompson's compiler Trojan

9. Again, again, and again

10. LinuxMall spams again and again and again...

11. Patch: linux-2.5.2-pre8/drivers/sound compilation fixes: MINOR-->minor

12. kde2 problems (on RH6.1) -- kdm fails, also minor icon problems

13. X ....and mouse problems incld. other minor problems.....