Need explanation of LCP_INTERVAL and computing PPPOE_TIMEOUT w/ RP-PPPoE

Need explanation of LCP_INTERVAL and computing PPPOE_TIMEOUT w/ RP-PPPoE

Post by Professor Bru » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:24:18

[ Article crossposted from comp.dcom.xdsl ]

[ Posted on 17 Dec 2001 19:30:23 GMT ]

Greetings,

Per the subject line, I'd like to understand these terms used in
Roaring Penguin's pppoe.conf file so that I can lengthen the
connection time.

Much thanks in advance.

Max Pyziur

1. RH8.0 bundled rp-pppoe (rp-pppoe-3.4-7) problem, please help.

Hello,

I have a problem in RH8.0 bundled rp-pppoe (rp-pppoe-3.4-7), please
help.

I am setting up linux server as NAT, which share t he internet
connection to the client PCs at home. I was using RH7.2 before and
there is no problem at all. My problem in RH8.0 is that: I setup
rp-pppoe (ifup ppp0) to run at startup of the machine. Basically, it
starts up without any problem at all. But, it never runs
/etc/ppp/ip-up. Which means that the ip masquerading process didn't
bring up at all. What I have to is to ssh to the server everytime
after the server boots up and run /etc/ppp/ip-up manually, before my
clients can use the internet connect. I realized that the
configurations files are quite different from the one that I was using
in 7.2, e.g it doesn't use /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf anymore, instated it
put all the information in
/etc/ppp/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0.

Anybody can give me some suggestions ?
Thanks
Bosco

2. 'No space left on device' with long filenames, but short ones work

3. rp-pppoe 3.1 -- Robust PPPoE suite for Linux

4. Like Sybase Central

5. rp-pppoe 3.3 -- Robust PPPoE client for Linux, NetBSD, and Solaris

6. Please disregard - Bait!

7. SuSE 7.3 kernel pppoe vs. rp-pppoe

8. login prompt and banner

9. rp-pppoe 3.2 -- Robust PPPoE suite for Linux

10. Roaring Penguin rp-pppoe file needed

11. Getting pmfirewall,rp-pppoe and squid to work together

12. rp-pppoe

13. rp-pppoe and Corel SE