Courier ISDN with LINUX

Post by ashra » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking to buy the internal courier I-modem to use with redhat linux
kernel 2.0.32 , please , I would like to now if it will work  with linux
and if I will get the 2B channel working , I know that this card it  appears
as com port to the kernel therefore it takes regular modem commands. but,
how a bout the spids numbers and the mulilink , how can I set it up. please
all help will be appreciated.

regards

Ashraf

Courier ISDN with LINUX

Post by nate dutr » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I'm looking to buy the internal courier I-modem to use with redhat linux
>kernel 2.0.32 , please , I would like to now if it will work  with linux
>and if I will get the 2B channel working , I know that this card it
appears
>as com port to the kernel therefore it takes regular modem commands. but,
>how a bout the spids numbers and the mulilink , how can I set it up. please
>all help will be appreciated.

I got it to work great!

You just set it up as normal as a modem, except you have to use PAP to get
multilink.  Make sure dynamic bandwidth allocation is turned off if you want
2B all the time.

You use AT commands to 'program' the SPIDs.

later.

Courier ISDN with LINUX

Post by DJ Irvi » Wed, 25 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Just got one of these working myself, great card for linux IMHO.

as far as the second channel goes, by default it is set to come up on demand
as needed, but can be changed to never come up, or come up immediately and
stay up.
I'm using it with RH 5.0, upgraded Kernel to 2.0.33, and running IP
masquerading for my network at home. As far as the spids and such, throw it
in a 95 machine and let the wizard do the rest. Hope this helps you

Dean

>I'm looking to buy the internal courier I-modem to use with redhat linux
>kernel 2.0.32 , please , I would like to now if it will work  with linux
>and if I will get the 2B channel working , I know that this card it
appears
>as com port to the kernel therefore it takes regular modem commands. but,
>how a bout the spids numbers and the mulilink , how can I set it up. please
>all help will be appreciated.

>regards

>Ashraf

1. COURIER ISDN with LINUX

I'm looking to buy the internal courier I-modem to use with redhat linux
kernel 2.0.32 , please , I would like to now if it will work  with linux
and if I will get the 2B channel working , I know that this card it  appears
as com port to the kernel therefore it takes regular modem commands. but,
how a bout the spids numbers and the mulilink , how can I set it up. please
all help will be appreciated.

regards

Ashraf

2. accessing NT server

3. Linux Red Hat 5.2 and 3Com U.S. Robotics Courier I-modem ISDN and V.90

4. Prevent the screen from blinking

5. Courier ISDN card > 115200?

6. headerless emails and fetchmail

7. USR Courier-I (ISDN)

8. samba & win98

9. Help! Courier i-modem ISDN?

10. USR courier-I ISDN internal modem driver?

11. Courier I-Modem ISDN

12. ISDN with Courier I-modem?

13. Q on usr courier with isdn