network monitoring tools wanted

Post by Jenso » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

gurus,
I am looking for a tools that can tell me the percentage of network
being used in terms of the following:

1/    a unix hosts out of the network traffiic
2/   server e.g. ftp out of the network traffic.

appreciate if anyone can advise me on a existing tools preferably I
donot need to buy it .

any hint will be much appreciate.

I'll summarize the finding.....

thanks

Jenson

network monitoring tools wanted

Post by lawrence guirr » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

There is a program you can find at freshmeat named NTOP which can
monitor
connections to and from you and can even give the kind of NIC you have
inside
your net. There are more features in that program which you may find
very useful.
It is pretty easy to setup and the monitoring is web based so you can
see it via a
browser.

lawrence

> gurus,
> I am looking for a tools that can tell me the percentage of network
> being used in terms of the following:

> 1/    a unix hosts out of the network traffiic
> 2/   server e.g. ftp out of the network traffic.

> appreciate if anyone can advise me on a existing tools preferably I
> donot need to buy it .

> any hint will be much appreciate.

> I'll summarize the finding.....

> thanks

> Jenson

1. Wanted: network host monitoring tool

What I'm looking for is a tool to monitor hosts via pings etc, and send out
alerts if anyone of them goes down.(popups, or pages, or whatever)
It would be nice if it were X-11 based.

Greg
--
  __            Where's the kaboom?  There was
 /\_|     supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!!

   |:.__)
   (_)

2. openldap 1.2.11 build problem

3. Tools Tools Tools ... wanted

4. Attention: Linux Experts ...

5. UNIX Network Monitoring Tool for A Big Network

6. Help with IP Masquerade

7. Wanted: tool to monitor kernel structures

8. Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 card... supported in RedHat Linux 6.0?

9. Wanted: monitoring tool

10. WANTED: HTTP Monitoring Tool

11. wanted: SATAN network tool

12. Wanted: Network database tool.

13. WANTED: X-Windows Network Drawing Tool