RPC for Linux

Post by Daniel Navarro Reye » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

 I need the RPC library for linux. I would thankful if somebody tells
where I can load it down.

Thanks

Daniel Navarro

RPC for Linux

Post by NobleNet In » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I need the RPC library for linux. I would thankful if somebody tells
>where I can load it down.

>Thanks

>Daniel Navarro

Please contact NobleNet for ONC/RPC tools and solutions for UNIX,
Windows (3.1/95/NT), Macintosh, VMS, OS/2, NetWare, VxWorks, etc.

        NobleNet, Inc.
        337 Turnpike Road
        Southboro, MA  01772
        Voice +1 508 460 8222
        Fax +1 508 460 3456

        <http://www.noblenet.com/>

RPC for Linux

Post by Bill Pa » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Daring to challenge the will of the almighty Leviam00se, NobleNet Inc.

: > I need the RPC library for linux. I would thankful if somebody tells
: >where I can load it down.
: >
: >Thanks
: >
: >Daniel Navarro
: >

: Please contact NobleNet for ONC/RPC tools and solutions for UNIX,
: Windows (3.1/95/NT), Macintosh, VMS, OS/2, NetWare, VxWorks, etc.

:         NobleNet, Inc.
[chop]

I'm getting _REALLY_ tired of you idiots trolling newsgroups and
hawking your damn products at anyone who makes the mistake of posting
a message with 'RPC' in it. The man asked where the RPC library was:
he didn't ask for a stupid commercial. If you want to drum up business,
take an add out in the trade rags like a respectable company.

To answer the question: you don't have to download any special library
to use RPC. The RPC support is built into the standard C library (libc)
on Linux (and also FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD). There may also be a
seperate library called librpcsvc with some XDR filters and other sundry
things in it. You should already have the rpcgen(1) program and the necessary
in /usr/include/rpc and /usr/include/rpcsvc (assuming you installed
correctly). This is all you need to write RPC programs.

Well, that and talent.

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (212) 854-6020 | System Manager, Master of Unix-Fu

  "Now, that's "Open" as used in the sentence "Open your wallet", right?"

RPC for Linux

Post by markclv.. » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Will post sources in a day or two...got a whole list of em at work i can bring home and post.  Thus far I have only found DCE flavour RPC (The first version) but have been unable to find even alpha level code for ONC flavour RPC (which is what I need) if anoyone knows where I can find it or who's working on it please lemme know.  Been searching for it for awhile (That's why i have the list of DCE sources)

1. TI-RPC (ONC+ RPC) for Linux

Hi guys,

Would anyone know if TI-RPC is available for Linux?  I know that regular
ONC RPCs are, as are DCE RPC, but I haven't been able to find anything
talking about ONC+RPCs, or TI-RPCs.

Thanks for any info,

K.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Oops on boot with 2.5.40 bk

3. ----- RPC and Linux? RPCGEN for Linux? ------

4. Star Office Personal Key vs Registration Key??!?!?!?!

5. RPC w/Linux

6. activating middle mouse button

7. RPC for Linux

8. IBM extends Linux engine options to the Multiprise 3000

9. Using RPC with Linux.

10. RPC for Linux

11. RPC in Linux

12. IDL and DCE RPC for Linux?