Buffalo USB Wifi and SuSE Linux

Post by Randell D » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:25:17

Folks,

I have searched Google to get some guidance on how I might configure my
Toshiba Equium A60-692 laptop with SuSE 9.3 working with my Buffalo wifi
USB stick model WLI-U2-KG54-AI

It is the only thing holding me back from migrating from XP to Linux
(previous problems have been resolved by buying CrossOver to run
Dreamweaver MX).

Its bene a while since I've *ed under the bonnet on a SuSE Linux
system so all help would be  greatly appreciated... If its a monster
task, can someone suggest a readily available USB based wifi stick that
I can use?  I am not keen on using a PCMCIA card as my experience has
been that a USB wifi stick with extension lead offers better performance.

Thanks in advance for the help... please reply via the newsgroup so all
can learn...

randell d.