IPTables/NAT & MSN Messenger Voice

Post by m.brin » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:58:06

Hi all,

My WinXP clients are connected to a redhat 7.2 gateway, wich is connected to
the internet through ADSL.
On that gateway i'm using IPTables /NAT and DHCP for my clients.
Now i have the following problem:
When my WinXP Clients use MSN messenger, they are able to chat, but
can't take advantage of the other features of MSN, such as a Voice
conversation.
Maybe there are some mods which i can use to support this. I know that MSN
messenger makes the voice connection between clients through hotmail, and
the ports will be dynamic.

Can anyone help me out here ??

I already checked the conntrack mods, but i can't find anything about MSN
messenger.

IPTables/NAT & MSN Messenger Voice

Post by Pravee » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:31:13

Hi,
I have also very similar set-up(linux m/c as router: kernel 2.4.18 and
iptables ver 1.2.6a) and I am able to chat, and can't do the following:
* Receive files from the remote user
* Unable to voice chat

I will appreciate if youcould share the information once you get solution to
this problem.
thanks
-praveen

Quote:> Hi all,

> My WinXP clients are connected to a redhat 7.2 gateway, wich is connected
> the internet through ADSL.
> On that gateway i'm using IPTables /NAT and DHCP for my clients.
> Now i have the following problem:
> When my WinXP Clients use MSN messenger, they are able to chat, but
> can't take advantage of the other features of MSN, such as a Voice
> conversation.
> Maybe there are some mods which i can use to support this. I know that MSN
> messenger makes the voice connection between clients through hotmail, and
> the ports will be dynamic.

> Can anyone help me out here ??

> I already checked the conntrack mods, but i can't find anything about MSN
> messenger.

IPTables/NAT & MSN Messenger Voice

Post by Dan Houl » Wed, 08 May 2002 02:48:44

Check out http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/ and let me know if you manage to
make it work.  So far, it's been fruitless for me.  Compiles and installs,
but don't work.

Quote:> Hi all,

> My WinXP clients are connected to a redhat 7.2 gateway, wich is connected
> the internet through ADSL.
> On that gateway i'm using IPTables /NAT and DHCP for my clients.
> Now i have the following problem:
> When my WinXP Clients use MSN messenger, they are able to chat, but
> can't take advantage of the other features of MSN, such as a Voice
> conversation.
> Maybe there are some mods which i can use to support this. I know that MSN
> messenger makes the voice connection between clients through hotmail, and
> the ports will be dynamic.

> Can anyone help me out here ??

> I already checked the conntrack mods, but i can't find anything about MSN
> messenger.

---

IPTables/NAT & MSN Messenger Voice

Post by Pravee » Wed, 08 May 2002 06:06:05

What is your linux kernel version?

-praveen

> Check out http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/ and let me know if you manage
> make it work.  So far, it's been fruitless for me.  Compiles and installs,
> but don't work.

> > Hi all,

> > My WinXP clients are connected to a redhat 7.2 gateway, wich is
connected
> > the internet through ADSL.
> > On that gateway i'm using IPTables /NAT and DHCP for my clients.
> > Now i have the following problem:
> > When my WinXP Clients use MSN messenger, they are able to chat, but
> > can't take advantage of the other features of MSN, such as a Voice
> > conversation.
> > Maybe there are some mods which i can use to support this. I know that
MSN
> > messenger makes the voice connection between clients through hotmail,
and
> > the ports will be dynamic.

> > Can anyone help me out here ??

> > I already checked the conntrack mods, but i can't find anything about
MSN
> > messenger.

> ---

IPTables/NAT & MSN Messenger Voice

Post by Dan Houl » Wed, 08 May 2002 21:17:52

I've done both 2.4.16 and 2.4.18 (with iptables 1.2.6a).  I've followed all
the information I could find.  Still can't get a call out, but can receive.
Voice is also only one way with Netmeeting still.

> What is your linux kernel version?

> -praveen

> > Check out http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/ and let me know if you
manage
> > make it work.  So far, it's been fruitless for me.  Compiles and
installs,
> > but don't work.

> > > Hi all,

> > > My WinXP clients are connected to a redhat 7.2 gateway, wich is
> connected
> > > the internet through ADSL.
> > > On that gateway i'm using IPTables /NAT and DHCP for my clients.
> > > Now i have the following problem:
> > > When my WinXP Clients use MSN messenger, they are able to chat, but
> > > can't take advantage of the other features of MSN, such as a Voice
> > > conversation.
> > > Maybe there are some mods which i can use to support this. I know that
> MSN
> > > messenger makes the voice connection between clients through hotmail,
> and
> > > the ports will be dynamic.

> > > Can anyone help me out here ??

> > > I already checked the conntrack mods, but i can't find anything about
> MSN
> > > messenger.

> > ---

---

1. Voice MSN Messenger communication over redhat with iptables

Hi all,

I have the following problem. I have RedHat 7.3 installed as a firewall
between my internal network and internet. I'm using iptables to filter
communication over it. In my internal network I have a computer running
win2k and msn messenger. Text communication is ok but I'm unable to set up
the voice communication. I have tried to find the solution on the internet
but was not successfull... Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

Jiri Brazda

2. Setting Env (Apache 1.3.12)

3. ipchains & MSN Messenger 3.6 VOICE

4. Q: LDAP server port and Netscape

5. NAT & MSN Messenger

6. LinuxPPC on StarMax w/G3?

7. communicator on sol2.6?

8. msn messenger file/voice thru socks5 dante

9. MSN Messenger VOICE through IPChains/IPMasqadm Firewall

10. MSN messenger behind Firewall+NAT

11. FreeBSD, NAT and MSN Messenger/IRC?

12. NAT and MSN Messenger file transfer