Stop procmail enforcing rights

Post by Armin Vo » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

Does anybody know how to prevent procmail from enforcing stricter
access permissions on the system mailbox file it delivered a mail to?
Each time one of our linux pcs gets a mail, procmail removes write permission
for group mail which then breaks delivery on our Indy.
All I need to know is how to stop procmail from changing the access permissions.
Any help would very much be appreciated. :-)

Regards,
Armin.
Armin Vogt
System Administration
Physical Chemistry at University of Paderborn, Germany

Stop procmail enforcing rights

Post by Henrik Storn » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anybody know how to prevent procmail from enforcing stricter
>access permissions on the system mailbox file it delivered a mail to?
>Each time one of our linux pcs gets a mail, procmail removes write permission
>for group mail which then breaks delivery on our Indy.

According to 'man procmail':

       If  /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME  already  is a valid mailbox,
       but has got too loose permissions  on  it,  procmail  will
       correct  this.   To  prevent procmail from doing this make
       sure the u+x bit is set.

--
Henrik Storner                     | "Life is like a 10 speed bicycle.

http://eolicom.olicom.dk/~storner/ |                        C. Schultz

1. Procmail: make it not enforce strict perms?

I need my mail spool files to have 660 permissions, but whenever
procmail delievers mail, it resets them to 600.  How can I tell
procmail to *not* do this?  Is there some flag I can set on the
file(s) that make it so that procmail cannot change the perms?

Thanks!

--Dan

2. UNIX Certification

3. enforce ftp, deny ssh, enforce ssh, deny ftp

4. Big serial problem (long)

5. Mail stopped going to procmail ?????

6. Solaris 8 + GeForce

7. Mouse Problem: Stops at bottom right

8. fgrepping exact words

9. SCSI Microtek slide scanner 35t stops working right!

10. Did I download the right stuff and did it download right???

11. How to stop [1] + Stopped (tty input) message and let prog run

12. Enforcing a settlement, when/if made:

13. Enforcing spaces in variables (CSH)