Intercpeting IP packets without kernel intervention

Intercpeting IP packets without kernel intervention

Post by Areef Rez » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to intercept IP packets
and dispatches them myself. I don't
want the kernel to do processing on the
packets that I have captured.

By using raw sockets or by accessing the link
layer, I can intercept an IP packet, but how
do I block the kernel from processing it ?

Is it possible to do it from a user level
program, or do I have to write a kernel module ?
Whatever the case maybe, could somebody please
provide me with some pointers, where I can find code
and examples ?

I am using FreeBSD 2.2.8 and Linux (RedHat 5.1).

thanx in advance,
-- Areef.

1. Intercepting IP packets without kernel intervention

Hi,

I am trying to intercept IP packets
and dispatches them myself. I don't
want the kernel to do processing on the
packets that I have captured.

By using raw sockets or by accessing the link
layer, I can intercept an IP packet, but how
do I block the kernel from processing it ?

Is it possible to do it from a user level
program, or do I have to write a kernel module ?
Whatever the case maybe, could somebody please
provide me with some pointers, where I can find code
and examples ?

I am using FreeBSD 2.2.8 and Linux (RedHat 5.1).

thanx in advance,
-- Areef.

2. fdisk and 4.2GB drives

3. Intercpeting IP packets with no kernel processing

4. Tape Write protect Status

5. How to get a PPP connection 24/7 (redial if it drops without user intervention)

6. Help installing RH 6.1

7. user permissions changing without my intervention

8. devfs v199.17 available

9. Partitioning hard disk without user intervention - possible?

10. Starting Netscape Commerce Server without human intervention

11. Forward packets to computer without external IP address

12. How to convert TCP/IP packet to IPX packet and visa-versa ?

13. IP packets over PPP hang, but LCP packets continue.