Bandwith monitor

Post by Chillman » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 02:20:31

Can anybody tell me how to monitor my bandwith usage of different Ethernet
Adapters? Favorately on the Console.

Thankx,
Chillmann

Bandwith monitor

Post by Michael Heimin » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 02:40:54

19:20:

Quote:> Can anybody tell me how to monitor my bandwith usage of different
> Ethernet Adapters? Favorately on the Console.

> Thankx,
> Chillmann

'iptraf', check freshmeat.net, if it didn't came with your distro.
'ifconfig' shows the total RX/TX bytes, per interface.

Michael Heiming

Bandwith monitor

Post by Geof » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:01:29

IPAC

http://www.comlink.apc.org/~moritz/ipac.html

Quote:>Can anybody tell me how to monitor my bandwith usage of different Ethernet
>Adapters? Favorately on the Console.

>Thankx,
>Chillmann

Bandwith monitor

Post by Alex Pearsal » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 23:29:56

Hey there!

There is a peice of software called MRTG (multi router traffice graph).
It allows you to see, over time, how much bandwith your using on
specified ports.  Go to google.com and search for mrtg.  You'll find
alot.

If your looking for just a simple. x monitor to show you how many kb/sec
your getting on a specific adapter, I would check out gkrellm.  It has
alot of extra features, but Its the best system monitor you could have.

Cheers

Quote:> Can anybody tell me how to monitor my bandwith usage of different
> Ethernet Adapters? Favorately on the Console.

> Thankx,
> Chillmann

1. bandwith monitoring

    Hello,

    I'm looking for a software that can help to monitor
    the bandwith used by a computer

    Does anybody have an idea ???

    I allready tested statnet and other tools but they
    don't solve my problem.

    I want to find a tool that can establish report
    for a specified protocol (ip,tcp/udp,http/smtp...)
    for a specified host
    in order to provide information to my users that
    can show them how the impact on our network.

    thanks

    Michael Tahot

2. Twinhead

3. bandwith monitor/logger

4. ipop3d problem

5. Bandwith Monitoring??

6. Some help needed

7. Monitoring Layer7 Network Bandwith and Activity

8. dosemu for ET4000 wanted

9. Setting disk ratios and monitoring bandwith usage.

10. Bandwith Usage Monitoring

11. Linux box is hogging the entire bandwith

12. Limiting Bandwith

13. How to find out what bandwith your are using?