IPMasq and FTP Ports?

Post by Andrew Overhol » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:08:58

Hi,

I just recently got my Debian 2.1 box working masquerading my pppoe dsl
connection and I'm using the default roaring penguin firewall....is
there something I have to change to get ftp working?  Every time I try
to access directory contents I get a port error.

Thanks,

Andrew

IPMasq and FTP Ports?

Post by Andrew Kin » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:32:42

you need to modprobe ip_masq_ftp

Quote:> Hi,

> I just recently got my Debian 2.1 box working masquerading my pppoe dsl
> connection and I'm using the default roaring penguin firewall....is
> there something I have to change to get ftp working?  Every time I try
> to access directory contents I get a port error.

> Thanks,

> Andrew

IPMasq and FTP Ports?

Post by Cedric Blanche » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:37:06

Quote:> you need to modprobe ip_masq_ftp

And to masquerade port 20.
ipchains -A forward -p tcp -s <inner_net> 1024: -d 0/0 20 -j MASQ

1. ipmasq: FTP and Hotline behind ipmasq firewall.

I have lots of trouble trying to put ftp and hotline servers behind a
ipmasq firewall. FTP don't work in browsers...ok I accept that. Hotline
?? There must be a workaround. While I continue to put my hair out,
anyone able to do those ??

Note: Tried redir, ipportfw...no go... :( only the www server complied.

Thanks
Regit

--

2. High thru-put device driver architecture

3. ftp through ipmasq to a port other than 21

4. Video Card Suggestion for RH6.2

5. Can't ftp in special port through IPMASQ

6. Estimating the load of a computer -- reading the CPU-Runqueue?

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. Anybody know where to find reference for DDC spec (PNP monitors)

9. ftp fails on ipmasq with strange error (no newbie)

10. ipmasq/chains and ftp

11. IPmasq and FTP from Win machines

12. ftp server behind ipmasq

13. Kernel 2.2.19 and ftp ipmasq module