Anyone running rdist ?

Post by p.. » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Anyone out there succesfully using rdist ? I'm running
a Slackware distn. with kernel 1.2.8 and rdist 6.1;
my attempts to run rdist and rdistd over a local network
grind to a halt when a file of any size (> about 100K)
is found -- the large file is copied to an rdist temp
file less a few bytes and then the transfer hangs up and
eventually times out.  The problem seems to be related to
timing -- things are worse when the network is lightly
loaded and my ping timing is <1msec.  Both boxes are 90MHz
pentiums with pci lance network cards.  I've tried remaking
rdist and rdistd from the sources at usc.edu and it made no
difference.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone running rdist ?

Post by Thomas Koen » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>Anyone out there succesfully using rdist ?

Try the Linux tweaks to rdist, on sunsite.unc.edu, in
/pub/Linux/system/Network/file-transfer/rdist-6.1.0-linux.tgz.