.83 and pppd - not working.

Post by Jack M Twill » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I was using 1.3.77 and pppd worked fine.  (version 2.2.0e)

I upgraded to 1.3.83, and it doesn't work fine.

Followed the instructions, line by line, and got an error in
sys-linux.c, that it was missing MAX_ADDR_LEN.  Found it in
<linux/netdevices.h> and added that include.  Tons and tons of
undefined references to __constant_c_and_count_memset,
__constant_c_memset, and __memset_generic, and a single undefined
reference to __memcpy resulted.

Help?
Jack.

.83 and pppd - not working.

Post by Cedric Brossar » Tue, 16 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

> I was using 1.3.77 and pppd worked fine.  (version 2.2.0e)

> I upgraded to 1.3.83, and it doesn't work fine.

> Followed the instructions, line by line, and got an error in
> sys-linux.c, that it was missing MAX_ADDR_LEN.  Found it in
> <linux/netdevices.h> and added that include.  Tons and tons of
> undefined references to __constant_c_and_count_memset,
> __constant_c_memset, and __memset_generic, and a single undefined
> reference to __memcpy resulted.

I have exactly the same problem and 2 friends of mine also.

I upgraded to

kernel : 1.3.88
gcc : 2.7.2
libc : 5.3.9  & 4.7.5 & binutils etc.... but nothing better !!

I wonder why in 1996 it is so difficult to get a source well compiled.

Also, my motherboard is an ASUS P55T2P4 with the new Triton II chipset
and is not recognized by the last 1.3.88 kernel.

If anybody know the good way to have PPP work....

--
Byby,

Cedric Brossard

1. top command not working after 1.3.83

I recently decided to be adventurous and compiled the latest (I assume)
kernel -- 1.3.83.  Everything seems to work okay, but the top command
returns with a strange error.  It doesn't display any jobs and returns
with a floating point exception.  This also happens if I try the user
mode with the ps command.  If anyone has a solution to this minute
problem, I'd appreciate it.

Will.

2. RH5.2 ftp install fails on comps file

3. PPPD w/ PAP not working, works fine w/o PAP

4. Problem with HPNetserver LH3's NetRaid Controller and Linux

5. Is is possible to resize a native linux partition(83) nondestructive?

6. 2.1.0 and 2.1.5 IDE CDROM Problems

7. Spam from: 128.138.192.83 :-(

8. X Desktop/Window Manager - Who likes what?

9. Running a 83 MHZ

10. i4b-0.83...

11. 1.3.81 or 82 or 83 breaks LOADLIN

12. How can I make an extended partation type 83?

13. 83 meg pine-3.95 process