Ethernet cards based on 8390 chip

Post by man » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 01:56:09

Hello!

I have some ethernet cards (only one for pc, not more) based on 8390 chip,
the driver is loaded correctly but cards don't transmit any packet. How can
I resolve?

Thanks

Post by Karl Heye » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 02:39:21

> Hello!

> I have some ethernet cards (only one for pc, not more) based on 8390 chip,
> the driver is loaded correctly but cards don't transmit any packet. How can
> I resolve?

there was a few cards based on that chip, common ones were the ne2k,
smc/wd.  The 8390 module is an engine for that chip only, you need the
other part of the driver to properly run it.

karl.

Post by George D » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 09:26:59

]I have some ethernet cards (only one for pc, not more) based on 8390 chip,
]the driver is loaded correctly but cards don't transmit any packet. How can
]I resolve?

I have an Acer here with an EtherExpressPro 100Meg NIC. No drivers with the
kernel, but either Acer or Intel provide a driver that you load as a module
(independant of the kernel compilation).

1. Trouble installing slackware with 8390 ethernet card

HEEEEELLLLLPPPP...

I've been running linux for a while at home and I'm now trying to
load the InfoMagic Slackware CD's on my system at work. The system
hangs during boot-up at the "IP Protocals ICMP, UDP, TCP" system
message. Hanging out with my ethernet card I think???

Any body have any suggestions....

Jeff W. Harrell

Superstart Satellite Entertainment

2. compiling assembly files with gcc

3. after recompiling 2.2.14, 8390 won't load, niether will ne2k-pci without 8390

4. magic number 8192

5. ICL Etherteam, 8390 based, ISA

6. WWW SysAd

7. 8390-based NIC w/DMA??

8. Got an error message trying to uninstall

9. Errors from NE2000/8390 Ethernet driver

10. Problem with Thomas Conrad Ethernet PCI cards based on DEC Tulip chip

11. 4lan 100 base TX ethernet adaptor drivers (uses PNIC 82c168 chip)

12. 8390.o , NE2000 pci and general module problem

13. PATCH: use EI_SHIFT for CBUS 8390