How to make kppp script click the continue button?

How to make kppp script click the continue button?

Post by mmasroor.. » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 02:39:05

Dear All,
I have the following kppp script to be used in the script mode.

Expect login:
ID
Expect Password:
Password
Pause 2
#<I need to add something here to make kppp click the continue button>

This works fine except that I need to manually click the Continue
button which appears after my password has been verified. Is there any
way to automate this?

Thanks in anticipation.

Post by Unru » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 03:17:05

>Dear All,
>I have the following kppp script to be used in the script mode.
>Expect login:
>ID
>Expect Password:
>Password
>Pause 2
>#<I need to add something here to make kppp click the continue button>

This is to put it mildly insane. kppp is a gui interface to a bunch of
command line programs, which you now want to convert back to a command
line.

Just use chat/pppd , which is what kppp uses behind all it gui bunff.

Quote:>This works fine except that I need to manually click the Continue
>button which appears after my password has been verified. Is there any
>way to automate this?

Yes, do not use kppp.
Quote:>Thanks in anticipation.

1. mouse button emulation: ctrl-click/option-click instead of F10/F11?

Ok.
So SuSE 7.3 PPC is running on my iBook2 600.
Right and middle mouse buttons are currently emulated by pressing F10
and F11, respectively.
As far as I am aware, that is the situation with other distributions
as well.
Here's my question:

Can the mouse button emulation be changed?
Specifically, is there a way to involve the single mouse button in the
emulation of middle and right mouse buttons as well?

ctrl-click -> right-click
option-click -> middle-click

Unfortunately, I haven't got a clue on how to do this myself.
But I suppose that if this could be made to work on an iBook, maybe it
would work on other Macs as well.
Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Thanks..

Edafe

2. Timer queues

3. KDE kppp wants "continue" key clock?

4. nat and identd

5. mapping mouse button 6 to double click

6. How do I?

7. Double click on menu button doesn't close window

8. Ansi Termcap - WordPerfect 5.0

9. regular wheel mouse --> random right button clicks

10. want to open file by double clicking mouse button

11. Right Mouse button click on KDE???

12. Clicking Two buttons on Logitech Locks up X (RH6.2 Enlightenment)

13. stupid question: how do i stop single left mouse button click from launching EVERYTHING?