Need an IP Chains rule

Post by dmalcol » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I am running Slackware Linux 4.0 and have a masquerading firewall
running and working.  I used Ian Hall-Beyer's script to get everything
running and it seems to be just fine.  I need a rule to allow http
access to out web server that is located inside the firewall.

If that is not possible can I do this with SOCKS or TIS FWTK or can I
use Apache as the proxy? Can I do it on the same machine as the
firewall?  Its a P5-166

Thanks.

Dan Malcolm

Don't you wish life had an UNDO function?

  dmalcolm.vcf
< 1K Download

1. A Simple IP Chains rule question.

Hi groups.

I have a LAN setup like this.

1.) redhat linux 7.0 server running IP Chains. On this server there are 2
network cards, one connected to the internet with the IP address
217.34.194.x and one on the internal LAN with the IP address 10.11.216.x

I am also running squid for http proxy.

When my windows clients on the 10.11.216.x lan connect to chat.yahoo.co.uk I
get the webpage up and the login goes ok, but as the browser is loading the
chat room I get the error

Unable to connect to server try again in a few minutes.
The browser URL says
http://uk.chat.yahoo.com/?mesg=%3Cli%3EAn+error+occurred+when+the+app...
+communicating+with+the+chat+server.+Please+try+again+sometime+later.+%28con
nect%29

My IP Chains rules look like this

-A forward -s 10.11.216.0/24 -j MASQ
-A input -s 62.30.91.102/24 -d 0/0 -p tcp -y -j ACCEPT
-A input -s 0/0 -d 62.30.91.102/24 -p tcp -y -j ACCEPT

What rule do I have to add to allow my 10.11.216.x clients to connect ???

Thanks,

Matt.

2. sound related problem

3. IP Chains rules relating to fragments and marking a packet

4. Using 2 modems undel linux

5. How do I list a particular IP chain rule (by number)?

6. Help: Laser Jet 4 prints blank pages

7. IP chain rule syntax Question/Problem

8. Writing extensions to X

9. IP Chains specific rule

10. Need help with ip-chains

11. Need help on configuring IP-chains on firewall (and WEB server)

12. IP chains/MASQ Guru's needed

13. IP Chains, IP Masq, and Dial on Demand Problems