diald 0.98.3 compile nogo - netlink.h suspected

diald 0.98.3 compile nogo - netlink.h suspected

Post by Bo » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
RedHAT 5.2 kernel 2.0.36
        Trying to compile diald version 0.98.3.  The 'make depend' step
burped that it could not locate the /linux/netlink.h file.
        I found one in /usr/src/include so pointed the offending file
(tap.c) at that  netlink.h and the make depend finished cleanly.
        The next step 'make' burped a few times then a fatal error on an
undeclared: NETLINK_TAPBASE... I suspect the netlink.h file.

SO my questions are:
         1) is netlink.h part of a library and if so which one so I can go
hunting for a later version?
        2) Has anyone else had this  trouble and if so how did you remedy?

As an aside: when I edit a 'nakefile' or whatever.c file with Emacs and
then try to 'make', when I go back to that file it is 'read only' haven't
figured that one out yet either.

Thanks in advance to anyone who take the time to respond!

diald 0.98.3 compile nogo - netlink.h suspected

Post by Malwar » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi Bob,

>         Trying to compile diald version 0.98.3.  The 'make depend' step
> burped that it could not locate the /linux/netlink.h file.

I do not know especially about diald in this version but it seems to be
designed for Linux 2.1/2.2.

Malware

1. Windows 95/98 -> to linux Samba; diald problems

Hello,
I have a network with two windows 95 computers connected to a Linux
server. The Linux server has ipfwadm and diad running.

I am having trouble with my windows work group bringing up the dial on
demand demon (diald). What is happening, is that, every 15 minuets or so
a request goes out to the ( named ) name server to resolve the name of
my workgroup and that request fires up diald to call my ISP.  Is there a
way to filter this request out in standard.filter of diald or have a
rule defined using ipfwadm to squash this request.

Thanks in advance

Scott Harvey

2. Q: What font do you use for a 17 inch monitor at 1024x768 or 1152x864?

3. [Fwd: Windows 95/98 -> to linux Samba; diald problems]

4. Second IDE Drive on IBM PS/1

5. PCI UltraSCSI card REQUIRES Sol 2.6 HW 5/98 (not 3/98) ?

6. IBMSLC2-66 and Linux

7. Solaris 2.6 3/98 vs 5/98?

8. I want an e-mail database ...

9. Differences between Solaris 2.6 March 98 and May 98

10. how to create 98 boot image in linux thro' 98 backup

11. Patched 2.6 3/98 and 2.6 5/98 the same?

12. Windows 98 crashes at COMDEX '98

13. 3/98 == 5/98 ?