Linux and IBM Turbo 16/4 TokenRing

Post by Robert San » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

This message is crossposted to comp.os.linux.networking and
comp.os.linux.hardware

I'm having trouble to configure the IBM Turbo 16/4 TokenRing ISA
network card with linux (SuSE 6.3 - 2.1.13 kernel).

I have read the mini HowTo and changed the card to AUTO16
compatibility mode using LANAIDC /FAST=AUTO16 /FORCE but it didn't
help at all. When I modprobe ibmtr I still get the errors that the
card isn't functioning/present. However, under NT on the same box
(multi-boot) it works nice.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve the problem??

Thanks,
Robert.

1. IBM 765D and PCMCIA 16/4 Turbo Token ring Card

Anyone help

Running Redhat 6.2
Machine: IBM Thinkpad 765D
Kernel: 2.2.14-5.0
i586

I've managed to get an IBM 16/4 PCMCIA working a IBM Thinkpad 770X using
Redhat 6.2, however I have had no luck with a 765D.
I use the same config on the 765 as the 770, but instead I get the error

kernel: ibmtr_c: register_trdev() failed
kernel: tr0: Unexpected interrupt from tr adapter

Any ideas ?

Regards Darryl

2. With new P5 motherboard my PAS16+SCSI NEC3xi won't work anymore

3. IBM Turbo 16/4 Token Ring ISA problems

4. Where are telnet sources?

5. IBM Turbo 16/4 Token-Ring ISA

6. VTOC or partition table of mirrored boot disks using VxVM

7. IBM Turbo 16/4 Token-Ring PC Card 2

8. WinNT / DOS and now LINUX ?

9. IBM Turbo 16/4 Token ring driver

10. Token Ring: IBM Turbo 16/4 ISA or SMC TokenCard Elite?

11. Performance of IBM Turbo 16/4 token ring

12. IBM Turbo 16/4 Token-Ring ISA adapter HELP!!

13. IBM Turbo 16/4 PCMCIA Token Ring setup on TP 770