Looking for iptables applications code (iptables.c) to run some rules to forward packets

Looking for iptables applications code (iptables.c) to run some rules to forward packets

Post by tvna.. » Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:05:48

I couldn't find iptables.c to compile iptables application code under
freshly installed Linux machine (I can see iptables packet filtering
kernel code under net/ipv4/netfiler Directory). But I need to run
iptables rules, so I need to make iptables executable binary, so I need
iptables application code.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for iptables applications code (iptables.c) to run some rules to forward packets

Quote:> I couldn't find iptables.c to compile iptables application code under

http://www.netfilter.org/

--
use hotmail for email replies

Post by Jose Maria Lopez Hernande » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 03:01:54

> I couldn't find iptables.c to compile iptables application code under
> freshly installed Linux machine (I can see iptables packet filtering
> kernel code under net/ipv4/netfiler Directory). But I need to run
> iptables rules, so I need to make iptables executable binary, so I need
> iptables application code.

> Thanks in advance.

I can't belive you have seen the *iptables* kernel code in the
*netfilter* directory and you haven't tried to search for that
in google. Obviously the code for iptables appears as the first
entry of the search.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

http://www.bgsec.com
ESPA?A

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
                 -- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"

1. iptables rule to match "first data packet in connection"?

Is this possible?

I want to be able to do some matching on the contents, state etc of the
first data packet sent following a good TCP/IP connection.

Chris
--
Real address: chris at lowth dot sea oh em.
For GPL e-mail anti-virus, On-line IPTables wizzards and help,

2. An Error message got from AIX CC compiler

3. iptables, forwarding and rules

4. Loopback Mounts and LOFS filesystems

5. IPTables, forwarded ports are not filtered by previous rules, how to fix?

6. errors in mixed Java and Fortran90 program

7. rules for iptables to forward ports

8. HELP! KERNEL COMPILATION

9. IPTables drop rules on forward but not for certain MAC's question

10. iptables rule for ssh port forwarding

11. iptables won't return packets after forwarding!

12. iptables: rule with RETURN target just after a rule with ACCEPT target

13. selective forwarding of packets using iptables