Shorewall woes...

Post by Eugene van Rooy » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:00:17

Please someone, I am admittently a windoze server user, and am trying
to use shorewall 1.4.2 on RH8, without success, hoping one of you
gurus could help out?

Set up rules, (see below), can ping etc from the firewall to ADSL
Router + net, but not from any other machine in loc zone. I can ping
from a local machine to both the fw inside interface and the ext
interface {testing}, but not to the router (ADSL)... As a matter of
fact no traffic is leaving the fw when coming from loc. Rules &
Policies seem to be OK though. I am lost here, what am I (obviously)
missing?

Network:

ADSL 10.100.1.1
 '
 '
Hub
 '
 '
FW eth0=192.168.0.73 eth1=10.100.1.4
 '
Network i.e. 192.168.0.10

=========
loc-> net = accept
net-> local = drop
any->any = reject
=========
Only rules configured at moment:

ACCEPT Any Any TCP Any 53
ACCEPT Any Any UDP Any 53
ACCEPT Zone loc Any ICMP Any
ACCEPT Zone net Firewall ICMP Any
ACCEPT Firewall Any ICMP Any
ACCEPT Zone loc Firewall Any
ACCEPT Firewall Zone loc Any
=========
IP_Forwarding = Yes
Nat_enables = Yes
========
Looking at the var/log/messages, I can see the UDP req being accepted
by eth0, but no record of what happens with eth1.

*Any* suggestions would be very helpful, really don't want to go back
to my old ways.. :-)

Eugene.

1. CD-RW mounting woes in Mandrake 7.0 woe oh woe oh woe!

I hate to ask the often answered, but I have a TDK VeloCD CD-RW in my PII
233 machine installed as a master on the secondary IDE. I'm running
Mandrake-linux 7.0, and of course I get the bad link problem. I have run the
fix suggested on Mandrake's Web-page, but I can't figure a way to make the
fix either permenant or automatic. The fix (in case you haven't seen it is
to run "cdrecord -scanbus" to check for the presence of a working CD-RW,
then to type "cd /dev && rm cdrom && ln -s scd0 cdrom" in a terminal) This
fix works but there's got to be a better way...any thoughts.

2. reiserfs support under Win2k.

3. XF86 Config set-up woes & woes & woes

4. Linksys NIC with RedHat 7.2 (again)

5. LINUX/shorewall firewall to firewall VPN question

6. Problems with netatalk

7. newbie, shorewall question

8. Where can I find the installed Patches and Pakages.

9. Shorewall config on Mandrake 9.0

10. Shorewall DMZ question

11. tor, privoxy and shorewall, access from a client

12. DNS knocking on my Shorewall

13. Shorewall and ICQ