laptop modem

Post by Bo - Su » Sat, 18 May 2002 01:03:55

hi:

I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite 1805-s274 and I have installed redhat
7.2

I don't know how to config modem, so could someone give me some advice?

Thanks,

bo

laptop modem

Post by Piotr Grzegorz Grzegorzyc » Sat, 18 May 2002 01:28:01

Bo - Sun napis3(a) :

Quote:> hi:

> I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite 1805-s274 and I have installed redhat
> 7.2

> I don't know how to config modem, so could someone give me some advice?

If it's softmodem, you must find and install kernel module (depends of
modem chip type). See linmodems.org

--
pozdrawiam, Piotr

1. Why would I get "MODEM BUSY" on an internal laptop modem

I'm using the oh-so-compatible Sony VAIO laptop  (PGC-707c)

Just intalled SuSE 6.2 last night and all is well *except* it says
"modem busy" when I go to connect or even just query/test it.

Any clue what to change?  It's supposedly on Com2 and I have my
settings likewise.

THANKS!

Derek Sivers

2. gcc and imake

3. linux, laptop, modem and windows-ce

4. Problems with ASUS P55TP4N and Linux 1.2.13

5. laptop modem

6. Linux INFO-SHEET

7. ASUS A6VA B028H laptop - modem, MemoryStick / SD card reader and webcam

8. "gri magic numbers?"

9. Need some help with a laptop modem

10. Laptop modem questions.

11. pcmcia and laptop modem