New adsl router - will it work?

Post by Cono » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:14:06

Quote:> A friend who lives in the UK has an extra adsl router and wants to
> send it to me. I live in Greece. Will it work here or will I
> encounter incompatibilities with the connections to the telephone
> network?

It should work OK. They're not dialtone dependent unlike a normal
modem.

--
Conor

Religion, *ing people over for millennia.

1. ADSL Router or ADSL Modem /Linux firewall

I have to upgrade a 25 client 98/XP network to ADSL
(W2000 server, W98/vPop3 mailserver)
I have a choice of :-
D-Link DSL504 ADSL Modem/Router connected direct to the network or
D-Link DSL504 ADSL Modem/Router connected via a Linux Firewall box or
D-Link DSL300 ADSL Modem connected via a Linux Firewall box

Thanks
Andy Chalkley
Perth Australia

2. Compaq Presario/S3TRIO64 + Hitachi 17" - need help re: configX

3. SnapGear firewall, ADSL router and backup ISDN router

4. FTP anonymous

5. ADSL thourgh hardware router to a linux box router

6. HP DeskJet 560C Weird Printing Prob

7. I NEED ADD A NEW ROUTER TO ACCESS TO A NEW SUBNET

8. Experiences with WaveLAN (Lucent Orinocco) Cards

9. ADSL - Connect to BTopenworld BUSINESS service ethernet router.

10. Linux sys as a ADSL router?

11. Dynamic DNS behind an ADSL router

12. ICMP from ADSL router / ddclient

13. SpeedTouch Pro ADSL router and networking - Help!