Is there an application allow us to read MS Exchange mails in Linux ?

Post by Peter » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Does anyone out there know of such application -- where we can actually
> read our mail from the MS Exchange server (non-POP3) and it runs on Linux

Eric Raymond recognizes this as an important capability to add to fetchmail, and
has asked for assistance in adding Exchange capability to fetchmail. See
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail/ for more information. -- the feature list
suggest that it might already have Exchange support, but the FAQ implies that it
may require convincing your Exchange administrator to enable POP3 support and
even make a slight Registry change. :-(

I think Eric was interested in folks who might use packet sniffers to capure the
client/server exchange and reverse-engineer the "native" Exchange protocol;
check the Web pages and if all fails, drop ESR a note.

-Peter

Is there an application allow us to read MS Exchange mails in Linux ?

Post by Mark Krische » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

exchange talks IMAP (at least the more recent version does)....

--mk