Proxy software

Post by Roy Wilso » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

hello

does any one know where I can get some freeware proxy software so I can use
the
net on my networked computer running phat linux?

the host is running windows 95

_please_ e-mail me with any info

;-)
from roy

Proxy software

Post by Mike Fris » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>does any one know where I can get some freeware proxy software so I can use
>the
>net on my networked computer running phat linux?

The Linux kernel has built-in proxy support through IP
masquerading.  There's an IP masquerading HOWTO at http://linuxdoc.org as
well as many other helpful docs on the topic.

Quote:>_please_ e-mail me with any info

Sorry, you asked in the newsgroup, you get a reply in the newsgroup.

1. Is there a free proxy software on Linux OS?

I've got three PC's one(server) running Linux RH5.2 with Kernel  2.2.1 and
two running WIN9x.
So I would like to use my internet connection for my three PC's and
therefore I would use my Linux one as a proxy or something like that.

Maybe is there a better solution...?
Any advice/pointer would be very helpful for me...
Thanks.

2. Microsoft: Linux on desktops a threat

3. Firewall / NAT / proxy Software

4. 4.4, enabling logging from some host, how..?

5. PD proxy software

6. your help

7. reverse proxy software

8. Find question

9. What's The best Firewall/Proxy Software

10. Simple proxy software

11. FTP proxy software available

12. Simple proxy software to help me save $330?

13. Proxy software in the style of WinGate for 95/NT