INN reload needed after posting news?

Post by Gavin McCor » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Im running INN-1.7.2 on Slackware 3.6 Linux and use
Suck 4.0 to collect from and post news to,  my ISP -
news.demon.co.uk. I use Netscape as the frontend.

I can download messages ok, and post using
the command

rpost -d -b /var/spool/news/out.going/demon \
-p /var/spool/news/articles

when connected to my ISP.

However, if I subsequently try to send messages from
Netscape, they end up in the /var/spool/news/articles
tree ok, but the  out.going/demon  batchfile is not created.

Through trial and error, I got it to work by doing a

ctlinnd reload active ""

after the rpost command.

Is this necessary, or have I simply misconfigured my INN
setup?

1. Unable to post after move from C News to INN

I use trn to read news on a Sun running Solaris 2.6.

My site just switched from C News to INN and I now find that I cannot
post news.
Whether I try to post from within trn, or by using Pnews from the
command line,
I get the following error message:

Article not accepted by server; not posted.
From: address not in Internet syntax
-n Check spelling, Send, Abort, Edit, or List?

There was a theory that
the problem was due to the  Solaris sendmail issue. But, I find that
I can *reply*
to posts from within trn without trouble -- I just cannot *post*. So
I doubt, that
this is a sendmail issue (I have no problems with regular mail, either),
but do think
that it is something to do with INN.

Also, (as you can see!) I can post from Netscape.

Any suggestions?

thanks

--

2. Routing to loopback?

3. Can't post news using INN-1.4 ... any help ?

4. WYSE 150

5. INN - can get and read news but cannot create batchfile for posting to ISP

6. Accuracy of traceroute...

7. Setting up a news server (C News or INN)

8. Internals question fsck'ing an SDS boot partition during bootup

9. INN/nntp - news server for internal news?

10. need help on how to configure INN news server

11. Need: ISP News Server(INN) Hardware Recommendations

12. need help in configuring INN news server

13. need some help in configuring INN news Server