MAdge Token Ring Error on Red Hat 5

Post by casde » Tue, 01 Sep 1998 04:00:00

We've got this error when usin an ISA BLUE PLUS Madge Token Ring Card on
a linux server
Red Hat 5.

on the console and in /var/log/messages , at different interval :

    linux kernel  : adapter error ISRP_EVENT_04
    linux  kernel  : adapter error ISRP_EVENT_04
    linux  kernel  : adapter error ISRP_EVENT_04
    linux  kernel  : adapter error ISRP_EVENT_04

Thanks for  your help.

1. token ring token ring token ring

I would advice either going to a more recent kernel, or back to 1.2.x,
and applying the TR patch.  As far as I can tell, the built-in TR support
in 1.3 was broken early on, and not fixed until very recently.

I had no end of problems - normally showing as booting and init'ing the
TR card ok, could ping ok, but any more then that (such as telnet or ftp,
either into or out of the Linux machine) gave a kernel panic.

Compiled up 1.3.72 the other day and it's been running perfectly ever
since.  I'm using a Madge Straight Blue right now but have also used
some older IBM 4/16 cards.

Leonard

2. Distributing "roles" in Solaris 2.8 with a name service ?

3. Red Hat 7.3 and Token Ring

4. Location of "K" menu items?

5. Red Hat 7.1 w/Token Ring and Ethernet Cards - Question?

6. So where is the performance analysis tools?

7. Red Hat 5.2 and Token Ring

8. adding apps to system.fvwmrc

9. IBM 16/4 Token-Ring PCI Adapter 2 Red Hat 6.1 configuration

10. Proteon 1392 Token Ring Card supported by Red Hat 6.0 ?

11. IBM Token Ring card recognition problem with Red Hat 7.2

12. Madge token ring