Looking for boot-time network config chooser

Looking for boot-time network config chooser

Post by Dean Carpent » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I asked this a while ago and got no responses, so here goes again ...

Sometime last year there was a post in c.o.l.a (I think - I couldn't find
it in the archives) about a utility for choosing your network config at
boot time.  Not having a laptop, I didn't need it, but now I do.

It would be nice to have a DOS-style boot menu to choose from several
networking configurations, and perhaps even other configurations.

--
Dean Carpenter

Post by B.A.McCau.. » Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>I asked this a while ago and got no responses, so here goes again ...

>Sometime last year there was a post in c.o.l.a (I think - I couldn't find
>it in the archives) about a utility for choosing your network config at
>boot time.  Not having a laptop, I didn't need it, but now I do.

>It would be nice to have a DOS-style boot menu to choose from several
>networking configurations, and perhaps even other configurations.

LILO can do this by creating several stanzas for the same kernel
image.  The user's choice is available to the startup scripts.  Can't
recall the details - see LILO manual.

1. boot-time config

Someone said that I had to manually conf PnP using the boot-time
configuration...
Uh what is that... is that when the prompt "boot:" comes up in the begining
or is that the
/boot.config file or what are they talking about here.....

Was hopeing that this would finaly get my AWE64 working after I have been
slaveing for ever

Thank for the help

N?P

in the boot->time configuration with a command like

2. Etherchannels or NIC Teaming for Gigabit Adapters

3. How to config the chooser of a Xterm DEC

4. LOCAL/WANTED: London User Group LUG

5. chooser/xdm config problem

6. underscores ????

7. xdm / chooser config?

8. X windows config

9. xdm/chooser config problem

10. Network config - win <-> freebsd - where to look to setup?

11. Config Assistant runs every time at boot

12. Wireless WPA config of Belkin 7050 USB at boot time in ifcfg

13. Problem w/ le config. at boot time