Netscape for Linux

Post by Jinping Gu » Thu, 16 May 1996 04:00:00

I have linux 1.2.8 from slackware and XFree 3.1.2d (for TGUI9440AGi
trident video card). ppp connection is up, ping is working for both
remote ip address(dynamic) and DNS SERVER(from installation instruction
for Win 95), but netscape give me error "Broken Pipe" when I try to load
the URL in proxy config. no DNS entry for www.netscape.com when I click
on Home button of netscape, ppp0's RX packets & TX packets(in ifconfig
return) increase when I got error, so It is trying to contact the
server. any help?  Also if I use XFree 3.1.1 from slackware, I got no
colormap when I try to start netscape, why? Last, what email utility I
can use to test the ppp connection?

Thanks in advance

Netscape for Linux

Post by M » Thu, 30 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>I have linux 1.2.8 from slackware and XFree 3.1.2d (for TGUI9440AGi
>trident video card). ppp connection is up, ping is working

can you telnet to anything?

or ftp??

-georgec

1. Netscape should bundle Netscape with Linux!

In the wake of the war between Netscape and Microsoft, what Netscape
should include in their strategy is to bundle Linux -- the most popular
Internet operating systems -- with its Navigator.

This solve the problem of Netscape being reliant on Win NT 4.0. The
problem is highlighted by Netscape accusing Microsoft limiting the
number of simultaneous connections on Win NT 4.0 to 10.

If Netscape bundle Linux with its Navigator, then this restriction can
be overcome.

Netscape could undermine Microsoft by opting Linux as the operating
systems.

LSN

2. Enabling telnet from box

3. Is it just me or is Netscape for linux slower than Netscape for win95?

4. newbie question: how to specify dns server address for pppd

5. Window Managers for Linux. Also Netscape for Linux?

6. Booting Linux without a head?

7. Netscape and Linux-Mandrake 6.0???

8. Snacc compiling problems on Sun machine.....HELP!!

9. can't run netscape for linux

10. Problems running Netscape with Linux

11. How to set up Netscape for linux

12. Disabling dial-up when starting Netscape for Linux

13. PLUGIN FOR NETSCAPE UNDER LINUX??