Proxy Server - Internet browsing

Post by Nazeem Yakoo » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

At last I have configured my Linux SuSE 5.2 to make PPP connection to my
ISP.
I can browse ISP's website but, I can not brows anything beyond ISP.
My ISP is having a Proxy Server at port 8080.
Can any one let me know where to add this proxy setting. I am using Netscape
browser.
Thanks.
Yaks.

Proxy Server - Internet browsing

Post by Cha » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

In Netscape 4.x go to Edit , Preferences, Advanced,
then choose Manual,Proxies, enter IP and presume port 8080

In earlier versions Look under Options Network Preferences.
---
Charles Brewster,
Vice President, Info. Tech. Services
RE/MAX of western canada (1982) ltd
(250) 860-3628 FAX (250) 860-7424

Proxy Server - Internet browsing

Post by Ville Nummel » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> > I can browse ISP's website but, I can not brows anything beyond ISP.
> > My ISP is having a Proxy Server at port 8080.
> > Can any one let me know where to add this proxy setting. I am using Netscape
> > browser.
> > Thanks.
> > Yaks.
> I have the same problem but with Lynx. Any idea?

Netscape: Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Proxy/Manual proxy configuration
Lynx: add the following line to your lynx.cfg:
http_proxy:http://www.veryComputer.com/:8080/

--

          | http://www.veryComputer.com/~vnummela | *ly transfered
                    | disease with mortal rate 100 %"

1. Internet Browsing thru Proxy server

Hi friends,

I recently installed Redhat Linux 6.2 wiht KDE GNU on my system (
Pentium II Processor). its everything ok but a little problem.
we should browse internet through a proxy server. they are using
Microsoft proxy server V2 on the proxy and it requires a username and
password and domain. when i tried to browse the net using KFM, its not
asking me to enter username&password. it is straight away giving an
error stating that "PROXY AUTHENTICATION REQUIRED".
I have entered the proxy server IP address and port number in browser
settings of KFM. but i don't know where to enter username and password
for proxy authentication.
Can u suggest me the way of doing it? or else which web browsers for
linux supports this.
i am awaiting some body's help in this regard.
thank you very much for u'r time.

Regards

2. Genius Sketchpad drivers ? Are there any ?

3. How to browse internt thru' LAN's MS proxy server (also serving as firewall)

4. read

5. Mail Servers/Internet Gateways/Proxy Servers?

6. Virtual host and internal network problem

7. PROXY SERVER for Mail Accounts--Internet Server

8. mount -l loop fails

9. Using an outside proxy server form behind a proxy server

10. Proxy server to another proxy server

11. Want Linux to USE a proxy server not BE a proxy server

12. FS: Internet Gateway Server (Departmnetal or Internet Server)

13. Internet through a proxy server