Routing Redundant Internet Connections Using IP Masquerading

Routing Redundant Internet Connections Using IP Masquerading

Post by Jeremy Boy » Wed, 06 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Currently I am using IP Masquerading to segment an internal network from the
internet.  IP Masquerading is set to point to an Internet Router's IP
address.  I am brining in a second T1 for redundancy purposes.  At the very
least I would like to configure IP Masquerading so that in the event of the
main T1 failing it would automatically route to the secondary T1.  Ideally I
would like to have load balancing occur between the two T1's.  Can anyone
think of a way that this could be possible using IP Masquerading.  If not,
what is another method that woud accomplish this goal.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

Routing Redundant Internet Connections Using IP Masquerading

Post by Raymond Doetje » Thu, 07 Oct 1999 04:00:00

What is your commication device for the NT1? Is that a serial port inside the
Linux box or a router?
If it is the latter then Cisco does do loadbalancing when you have 2 interfaces
wich connect to the same network.
There is a ppp loadbalancing project running at this moment I don't know the
status about it. Try looking on the net.

Raymond

> Currently I am using IP Masquerading to segment an internal network from the
> internet.  IP Masquerading is set to point to an Internet Router's IP
> address.  I am brining in a second T1 for redundancy purposes.  At the very
> least I would like to configure IP Masquerading so that in the event of the
> main T1 failing it would automatically route to the secondary T1.  Ideally I
> would like to have load balancing occur between the two T1's.  Can anyone
> think of a way that this could be possible using IP Masquerading.  If not,
> what is another method that woud accomplish this goal.

> Thanks in advance,
> Jeremy

             General Exception Failure on address 0x00C098F
                   This Error Is not Yet Implemented
If this error repeats it's self then you need to re-install your Windows