ISDN Terminal Adapters.... Oh dear.

Post by Dan Abnorma » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Heya people.

I'm setting up a Linux box (for the first time- wish me luck!) on our
network so we can monitor token ring traffic, and since I'm a * I need
to access the net a lot for hints and tips.

In the office we have a NetGear XM128s ISDN terminal adapter which I'd like
to use to connect to the net. But I can't. Boo hoo.

The TA is working fine with our other Win95 boxes, and I've managed to set
up a standard modem on the Linux box (although its a 9600 modem, so not
exactly ideal). I tried dialling thru the ISDN box using the settings
configured for the modem, and although it picks up the phone line and dials
out, it returns with a 'No Carrier' signal after a couple of seconds. (BTW,
I'm in England and using a BT ISDN line).

Does anyone have any pointers they could give me, using big letters, cos
this is the only major hurdle I've come up against!

Thanks alot

DANIEL

ISDN Terminal Adapters.... Oh dear.

Post by Dan Abnorma » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

DOH! BTW, I'm using Caldera OpenLinux 1.3 and I've recompiled the kernel for
ISDN support....