Am I doing something wrong?? - (SAMBA)

Post by ana_an.. » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I need to use login script in the Samba.

- When clients (win95) do the login, it must be done automatically the
mapping of network drives, according with their passwords. For example:
The user "user" have access just to directory "projects" and "general".
So, when he does the login, these maps must be loaded.
P.S.: The Samba configuration is working perfectly (when I do the maps
manually).
I need this configuration because the users are always in different
machines and this way they won't need to do the map manually in each
logon.

My smb.conf is :  (I'm going to specify just the items about the login
script)
[Global]
local master = yes
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
logon script = %U.bat
login path = \\%L\netlogon
netbios name = suporte

[Netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /home/netlogon
guest ok = yes
writable = no
read only = no
share modes = no

Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks in advance,

Ana.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Am I doing something wrong?

I have linux installed (off Slackware CDROM) on a 486SX-33 with 12 MB real ram
and 8MB swapping (=20 MB virtual?). I get decent performance running X except
for when I need to run ghostview or emacs, then my system slows to a crawl (I
have to wait minutes before emacs or ghostview come up!).

The kernel takes ~ 1MB, X takes 8MB, ... Do I need to spend $150-$200 for 4MB
more memory?

Mike Beddo

2. Sec. Vulnerability OpenView NNM 6.1

3. am I doing something wrong with badblocks / e2fsck?

4. rm #

5. DOCBOOK errors: am I doing something wrong?

6. Scope & Privacy of variables in Bourne Shell (sh)

7. How do I get 'w' to say that i am doing something else

8. Alpha testers for BETA on Linux

9. KDE crawls (I must have done something wrong)

10. rdev -v I'm doing something wrong

11. Bourne & sql & I must be doing something wrong

12. Dual Homed Linux - what am I doing wrong?

13. One more question - What am I doing wrong?