Sun One LDAP Directory Server and Red Hat 8

Sun One LDAP Directory Server and Red Hat 8

Post by Crazy Code » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:45:15

I have redhat 8 installed on some systems and need to include them in the
LDAP database for the network.  My LDAP Server is the Sun One Directory
Server.

User name and password authentication works nicely however automounts
refuse to work.  When I change the automount to ldap the system hangs on
bootup at the automount point.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the automount points work
with RedHat 8?

Thanks,

1. Sun, Red Hat To Offer Red Hat Linux On Sun Servers

Under the deal announced today, Sun will sell and support all x86
versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Red Hat will distribute Sun's
Java technology.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,81355,00.html?nlid=PM

Sun, Oracle Expand Partnership

The two companies want to make sure that Oracle software runs on all of
Sun's platforms.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,81353,00.html?nlid=PM

2. apache and php

3. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

4. who is upgrading dble to 1.3.X?

5. IPLT Directory Server 5.1 and Sun One Directory Server 5.1 Difference ?

6. DLL on Linux

7. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

8. monitor/pci card

9. Sun ONE becoming the authoritative LDAP Directory for Windows 2000 Clients

10. OpenLDAP or SUN ONE DS5.2 HOW-TO updated with sudo+LDAP and apache+LDAP info

11. Red Hat's Linux Application CD which ships with Red Hat Professional Server Version 7

12. setup mulitple web server in one pc (Red Hat 7.2 server)

13. Solaris LDAP client setup with Sun Java Directory Proxy Server