Unix-Linux-OSF server and Mac client

Post by Gianluca Musume » Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi.
Is it possible to share peripherals and files with these two different
operative systems ? And how ?

PLEASE !!!

Greetings

1. Using a Mac as CVS server, Linux and Mac clients

I need a CVS repository for source control.  Builds are for both Linux
and Mac OS X (10.2), so my idea was to setup a repository on a Mac box,
then access it remotely from the Linux environment, but I'm having no luck.

I'm on a small lan - I've given each box a unique IP address.
I can ping the Mac from Linux.
I can open an ssh session from Linux on the Mac.
I can't rcp files (Connection refused).  Any other network operations
result in Connection refused.
I can see the Mac, and the files under my account from my Windows XP box.

I've turned on all the sharing stuff (system settings, sharing) on the Mac.
I don't really have a clue what I doing.  Can anybody point me to a
resource for this kind of information?

Mick.

2. uugetty - Change login program?

3. How to configure a Linux server for NT, Mac and SCO Unix clients?

4. forget that last post

5. Linux mail server - Netscape (W/Mac) client help?

6. NFSD and kernel panic

7. SuSE Linux Intel Server with Mac Client - help!

8. About uuid generator

9. Mac DHCP client + Linux bootpgw + NT DHCP server

10. Linux mail server - Netscape (W/Mac) client - help?

11. Linux NFS server to Mac OS X Client

12. Communication needed between linux server/client to windows client/server

13. Wanted: Fax Server/client for 95 clients w/ Linux server