PAP authentication with encrypted passwords?

PAP authentication with encrypted passwords?

Post by Steven Mouwe » Sun, 31 May 1998 04:00:00

How can I use encrypted passwords to work while loging in demon.nl?
I use pap-secrets and it works with a unencrypted password. Now I put
papcrypt in /etc/ppp/options and use crypt/3 with some random seed to
encrypt the password and put that so encrypted password on the place of
password in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but this doesn't work. Should I use
some special seed?  Encrypt in a other way? Does demon not suppot it?
What should I do instead?

Post by David Hallowel » Mon, 01 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> How can I use encrypted passwords to work while loging in demon.nl?
> I use pap-secrets and it works with a unencrypted password. Now I put
> papcrypt in /etc/ppp/options and use crypt/3 with some random seed to
> encrypt the password and put that so encrypted password on the place of
> password in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but this doesn't work. Should I use
> some special seed?  Encrypt in a other way? Does demon not suppot it?
> What should I do instead?

As far as I know demon doesn't support it. Unless demon.nl is different
to demon.co.uk in how they log in. (or they have changed recently)
--
David Hallowell

Win 50 worth of Linux software
check out <http://wkweb4.cableinet.co.uk/brownale/linux/>

PAP authentication with encrypted passwords?

Post by Jim Segrav » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> How can I use encrypted passwords to work while loging in demon.nl?
> I use pap-secrets and it works with a unencrypted password. Now I put
> papcrypt in /etc/ppp/options and use crypt/3 with some random seed to
> encrypt the password and put that so encrypted password on the place of
> password in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but this doesn't work. Should I use
> some special seed?  Encrypt in a other way? Does demon not suppot it?
> What should I do instead?

You can't. We don't support encrypted passwords, as that would require
us to have the clear text version of your password available, which we
do not have.

1. SSL/Encrypted Authentication for non-encrypted pages

I'm running Apache 2.0.43 with mod_ssl. Is it possible to require SSL
authentication to a non-SSL page? Like, if I want to limit access to
http://foo/restricted to users in a password file, but I want the actual
username/password exchange to go out over SSL. Does that make sense?

Kim Scarborough                                  http://www.unknown.nu/kim/
"Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart
enough to understand the game and dumb enough to think it's important."
                                                           -Eugene McCarthy

2. simple animations under Linux X?

3. PAP Password authentication

4. mesg

5. PAP: Password Authentication Protocol

6. How to "scroll" back under xterm after running vi?

7. one script for pap/chap and manual authentication

8. PCMCIA modem in RH 6.0

9. pppd LCP sending disconnect after PAP authentication

10. Some trouble with PAP authentication with ISP, help, Gurus!

11. PAP authentication problems

12. diald/ppp - pap authentication problem - **solved!**

13. Help with EzPPP - using PAP authentication