VB 6.0, Win 98, Out Of Memory on Form load

VB 6.0, Win 98, Out Of Memory on Form load

Post by Robert Clous » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 00:21:36

I have a 17 form project with some forms that have 30-40 controls on them.
I get a Out Of Memory error on a particular form with 60 controls at odd
times, I believe it is related to GDI resource allocation.  Is there a
"flush" or some other management function I can attempt to prevent this?

VB 6.0, Win 98, Out Of Memory on Form load

Post by Lew Pitch » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 00:26:04

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:21:36 -0500, "Robert Clouse"

>I have a 17 form project with some forms that have 30-40 controls on them.
>I get a Out Of Memory error on a particular form with 60 controls at odd
>times, I believe it is related to GDI resource allocation.  Is there a
>"flush" or some other management function I can attempt to prevent this?

I believe that we're going to need more information.

I say this because both your subject line and your body refer to
Microsoft Windows facilities, and there are no Linux references
anywhere. Without further information, it is difficult to see what
this has to do with networking in Linux (this _is_
comp.os.linux.networking, after all ;-) ).

Lew Pitcher, Information Technology Consultant, Toronto Dominion Bank Financial Group

1. Win 98 and Redhat 6.0 Install

I have read many things about installing this product on my PC but nothing
seems to point to my specific installation.  I have Win 98 on my primary HD
and would like to install Linux on my other hard drive and make the machine
dual boot from either OS.   From what I read this appeared possible but the
actual installation was not outlined and I don't know what to expect.  And
can I restore to my Win 98 if this thing doesn't work, without having to do
a complete re-install?

--
Peter

www.athenet.net/~phorvath

Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a "whack"?

2. why LINUX+ISDN router gives poor performance

3. Problems trying to telnet into RedHat 6.0 PC from Win 98

4. Change IRQ

5. VB 6.0 ADO won't talk to PostgreSQL driver

6. Apache redirects to self?!

7. CERT Vendor-Initiated Bulletin VB-98.04 - xterm.Xaw

8. Optional New Service for your Pager .

9. Samba / Win 95 / Win 98 Encryption

10. Redhat 8 Multiboot Boot with Win2k/Win 98 - losing Win

11. dualbooting Linux & Microsoft platforms (Win 98, NT, Win 2000)

12. Win 98 Win NT and Linux triple boot

13. New install of Linux, Win NT and Win 98 on same machine?