New comer into this perfect World of Linux

New comer into this perfect World of Linux

Post by Igor Mathe » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am new to Linux and already love it. However, I still have to use my

working at home. I have been reading for the past 2 months in trying to
figure out why I cannot make my LAN work on Linux. I have given up and
am finally posting fo rsome help. Can anyone tell me what book I can
read (1 more will not hurt) regarding Network setup. My NIC are not
being recognized, I know I have to recompile my Kernel (which I have
done at least 20 times by now), but I know I am still not doing it
right.

Igor Mathez

  imathez.vcf
< 1K Download

New comer into this perfect World of Linux

Post by David L » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

make sure your network card is one of the supported ones:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO-12.html

and check out the linux networking how-to:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Networking-Overview-HOWTO.html

good luck.

                - david -

Post by Michele Beltram » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> am finally posting fo rsome help. Can anyone tell me what book I can
> read (1 more will not hurt) regarding Network setup. My NIC are not

There are some good HOWTOs probably included in your Linux distrubtion. Try
there Ethernet-HOWTO to begin.

Michele.

1. Linux Slackware 96 (New Comer)

I've installed what i think is correctly and also can get X to run but Its
my mouse.
I have a Digital Edge Trak Point input station.
The problem is that when moving the pointer it moves very erratically. If
I move the pointer slowly its sort of ok for a while.
I've tried a Mouse Mate mouse and the same problem.

I didn't install gpm as I was told this would not help things, so i'm
stuck as what to do.

Please Please Please Help.

2. Limitations of cp and mv?

3. New comer to Linux

4. dell laptop external display?

5. Help a new comer in Linux!

6. Named quits - don't know why

7. how to tell if a mac is "new world " or "old world"

8. Problems setting up ELF

9. New World/Old World...?

10. How to help new comers trying the v2.5x series kernels.

11. New comer.HELP ME|

12. I'm a new-comer, can anybody help me?

13. Disk replacement (New comer to Sun)