error when running pppd

Post by jhstallwort » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I am running Red Hat 6.0.  Trying to get connected to Internet. My modem
works fine in minicom. However, when I run the pppd I get the following
error:

error pppd:  In file /etc/PPP/options : too few parameters for option
'name

I'm thinking this is refering to my username in the options file. I have no
idea of what parameters it (the file) is looking for. Anyone have an idea?
Thanks in advance.

1. OpenSuse 11.1 Kinternet error: "pppd[0] died: pppd options error (exit code 2)

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in

man pppd      Look at the section 'EXIT STATUS'

       2      An  error  was  detected  in processing the options
              given, such as two mutually exclusive options being
              used.

then add the option 'dryrun' or 'dump' to /etc/ppp/options

The error message says you have some options that do not work together.
Without knowing what options you have, we can't say. Note also that
SUSE had altered the pppd package to add two or three options that the
maintainers found unsatisfactory and rejected.

It's not permissions, or the modem. See the man page for pppd and
read what the options that you have enabled do.

        Old guy

2. character sets/keyboard

3. error when running pppd

4. Creating new user accounts

5. PPPD - Netscape returns error - TCP Error: No Route to Host

6. 1.3.x installation

7. pppd error - tcgetattr: Input/output error(5)

8. PPP & ARP Proxy problems

9. pppd error: tcgetattr: I/O error

10. NFS io errors on transfer from system running 2.4 to system running 2.5

11. "CUPS Server Not Running" error, but it is running!

12. Error Running SCO/WP5.1 demo (X error)

13. After running startx: Caught error 11, fatal error, Server aborted