innd question

Post by SickPupp » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Never mind.  Thanks to a previous post by Joel Sloan about starting a web
server I was able to figure it out.

What I did:

chkconfig --del innd           ##to stop it at reboot

/etc/rc.d/inet.d/innd stop    ##to stop the service

Anyone have anything to add please do so.

Thanks

> Simply, how do I stop the daemon within the shell?

> I'm a recovering MSaholic and would like to cease all newsfeed requests
> until I get a better understanding of Linux, httpd/Apache, and ftpd.
> Currently I'm showing requests in my syslog (which are getting an
> unknown host result).  I can't use X at the moment because of a video
> card incompatibly.  I can't even get a VGA server running (real ugly).

innd question

Post by Luca De Vitis - De Whiskey's » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>Simply, how do I stop the daemon within the shell?

>I'm a recovering MSaholic and would like to cease all newsfeed requests
>until I get a better understanding of Linux, httpd/Apache, and ftpd.
>Currently I'm showing requests in my syslog (which are getting an
>unknown host result).  I can't use X at the moment because of a video
>card incompatibly.  I can't even get a VGA server running (real ugly).

1. InterNetNews(innd) Question

I usually give it two hours and if I cannot clue in after that time
period I come out here. I gave it two hours.....

 I cannot for the life of me create a news group.

 I tried the script 'makegroup'.
 I tried some help from the web that said to directly
 use: 'cltnnd newgroup my.new.group'

 The messages files reports now error, and the /var/log/news
directory has no evidence of a problem. When I try to get new
groups from netscape only the control groups show up with
all the control message I sent.....

  Any clues?
  -Tom-

2. stop the beep

3. Quick question about innd

4. OS/2 Boot from disk?

5. Innd newbie question

6. Dead X

7. innd security question

8. Why suddenly no nice boxes and lines?

9. innd problem!

10. Innd is not started on the Redhat Linux 8.0

11. innd tried to do a shared writable mapping

12. innd: cant read Resource temporarily unavailable (SunOS5.4)

13. I need help getting innd running correctly on the inside of my network